I have been designing, constructing, and repairing kilns for the last 7 years. Its something I genuinely love to do and find great satisfaction in the hard work involved. The kiln is a potter's greatest tool, but can be a costly endeavor in terms of both time and money. If you are interested in building your own, please contact me with any questions you might have before investing in your project.
- design and estimates - helping to design a kiln that fits your needs in size, function, and budget.
- material (research) - helping with a working knowledge of refractories.
- material (procurement) - helping to find second-hand brick where available.
- construction - coming to site to build or help build the kiln (or any kiln sheds).
- repair - fixing damaged or worn out kiln sections (roofs, fireboxes, chimneys, etc.), or helping a kiln to fire up to expectations.
- workshop - teaching a group of participants about kiln building while raising funds for the organization.